Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Card for Guys

I need a lot of masculine cards and they seem to be hard for me to come up with. This is one I made using Stampin' Up's Artifacts and Alphabits stamp sets.
I started with olive green cardstock for the base. I added a green/blue small check background. Navy blue cardstock behind the circle. I stamped the star with navy ink and cut a circle around it using a Coluzzle circle template.
The Alphabits stamp was stamped with navy and then I used a 1/4 inch circle punch to punch out the letters I needed. I could have used a "happy birthday" stamp instead of using the alphabits stamp. The little letters were really tedious to get glued down and get the spacing right. I had more glue on my fingers than on the letters!
The center of the star is a flat top eyelet. I really like these. They look like a brad but don't leave bumps under the card stock from the prongs. They are a little bit hard to find in stores.
This was a very simple card to make. I kind of like the way it turned out, I hope you do too!

1 comment:

Crissi Harvey said...

Great card Linda, i hate making male cards there so hard